Bagmati River Cleaning
There is a great effort underway to clean the Bagmati River that flows through the Kathmandu valley.
The pollution in the river is not just unhealthy and unpleasant for the inhabitants and environment of the valley but it flows on to India and into the Bay of Bengal.
Each week we join the many people, groups, and organisations that manually pick up rubbish along the river. Slowly, there is improvement seen along the banks of the Bagmati but this is just the start. Much work is needed on policy to provide future protection, Waste Management systems need to be improved, and education and awareness programs are required to change old habits.
For the Climate+Change Exhibition in Kathmandu, Biosphere Association has acquired permissions to screen the following films:
- Blue Gold, with permission from Sam Bozzo
- Trashed, with permission from Blenheim films
- 11th Hour, sponsored by Treemedia foundation
- Addicted to Plastic, with permission from Crypticmoth
- Age of Stupid, sponsored by Biosphere Association
- Garbage Dreams, sponsored by Biosphere Association
- Fourhorsemen, with permission from Megan Ashcroft at Fourhorsemen films
Thank you to all involved.